Contact Us Today For Help!

  • The invitation to contact our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. Benjamin T. Barnett, Attorney at Law, respects your privacy online and will not share your name and contact information with a third party without your consent.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Dedicated Family Law Advocates

Effective Assistance With Post-Decree Modifications

At The Barnett Firm, we understand that life can change significantly from when the court issued your child custody or child support orders. If you have experienced significant changes in your life and need to obtain a custody or support order that better fits your current circumstances, our skilled attorneys can assist you. For over 10 years, we have represented clients in East Tennessee in a variety of family law matters, including custody and support. We can guide you through the process of obtaining post-decree modifications for your custody and support orders so that they better suit you and your family’s needs.

Obtaining A Modification In Tennessee

Before granting a post-decree modification, the court will evaluate several factors. Generally, a court will only grant a modification if you have experienced major changes in your career, finances or family situation. These may include:

When you are preparing to petition for a modification, it is important to work with a knowledgeable attorney. While some parents attempt to secure a modification on their own, working with a legal team that understands the court system and the legal steps can expedite the process significantly. By retaining The Barnett Firm, you will have the legal advocacy that you need when petitioning for a post-decree modification.

Contact The Barnett Firm To Speak With An Attorney

Speak with one of our lawyers for assistance obtaining a post-decree modification. Call or contact us online.

The Barnett Firm

The Barnett Firm