The Barnett Firm
call image

Schedule Your Consultation Now


In this section

Is your child custody arrangement not working out?

Most parents, whether they reside in Tennessee or elsewhere, want the absolute best for their children. Following divorce or separation from a significant other, child custody issues may arise. If your custody arrangement is not working out the way you had hoped or something happened making adjustments to your arrangement necessary, a family law attorney can help you seek a modification.

There are two ways to go about seeking a child custody modification. First, you and your ex can try to negotiate new terms. You can do this in private, in mediation or with the assistance of legal counsel.

If new terms cannot be reached through the negotiations process, going to court may be necessary. If that is the case, it is okay. You do not have to go before a judge alone. Legal counsel can present your case and help you fight for the custody plan you believe will best serve your children's needs.

Life is unpredictable. Child custody orders granted during the divorce or separation process may not work long term. If you feel a modification is needed, asking for one is well within your rights. If you would like to learn more about this particular topic and how a family law attorney can assist parents in Tennessee seek adjustments to their custody plans, please take a moment to visit our firm's website. Achieving a custody modification is not necessarily an easy task, but it may be possible with the right plan and the help on your side.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

how can we help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Barnett Firm
7417 Kingston Pike
Suite 203
Knoxville, TN 37919

Phone: 865-320-9754
Fax: 865-381-0514
Knoxville Law Office Map